Saturday, July 30, 2016

Spain Trip: Day 6

My blog wouldn't be called Save Par if it didn't have stories about golf, ya? Today was golf day #1. The golf course is called Baeveria and it's just uphill on the edge of Caleta. I asked for the earliest tee time and I was given 0730. As customary with golf courses, I showed up 15 minutes early but the place was empty! In the US during summer, the pro shop would have been open at 6 in time for the first tee off at 0630. I killed time at the practice putting green. At exactly 0730 the pro shop opened and I was told I was paired with a local gentleman, who shuffled in 10 minutes later.

As we headed off to tee box #1 just before 8, finally, more golfers showed up. After three holes, my partner asked if I wanted to go ahead since he said he was too slow for my pace and that he was just practicing, anyway. I obliged and off I went and enjoyed a wonderful round at a beautiful golf course. See for yourself!

 At the practice putting green next to the clubhouse.

  My pull cart and bag next to hole #1.

Hole #6 overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. 

A very well maintained course. The sand in the bunkers are white and grainy. 

The crane along the fairway on this par 4 hole is on a construction site. The workers stopped banging as I readied to hit my second shot. Nice courtesy but intimidating. Luckily I hit the green.




 A picturesque but with very tight and long fairway on this par 5 hole.



 The tee box on this par 3 hole is on a cliff overlooking the green with a water hazard infront.

Day 7