Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fore!

If you're not a golfer, the word "fore" is used, or rather, yelled out on the golf course to warn other players of an errant golf ball. Blog citizens, consider this your warning. I'm new to blogging and who knows what will come out of this. I am an avid golfer and if my game is an indication of my blogging skills, then expect the unexpected and prepare to duck.

The title of my blog site is Save Par. Par is another golf lingo that means "a number assigned to an individual hole and to the full collection of holes on a course that represents the expected number of strokes it should take to play each hole" (http://golf.about.com). Hence, to "save par" is to scramble for par on a hole. So now you're thinking, "your blog is about a golfer who struggles to be average." Yeah, but not really. For one, to amateur golfers like me, par is a very good score. But on a more personal basis, I believe that life imitates golf and vice versa. So this blog is really about life and my swing at it. Fore!